Friday, January 8, 2010

Freakish Weather

If you own a tv, radio, I-pod or a basic car stereo you can't have missed the current global weather conditions.....freakishly cold temps & record breaking snowfall throughout Europe, Asia and North America.

For whatever reason (global warming.....nah) Southern California is experiencing the opposite, higher than normal temps. The weather has been exquisite......I just want to sit outside, sip ice tea and watch Finn ride around the culd-de-sac on his Star Wars bike.

I had scheduled Monday off and decided to take advantage of the fine weather by hanging out at the Zoo with Finn. We are the proud owners of annual zoo passes, thanks to my considerate and thoughtful parents (Christmas present).....a gift I plan on using obsessively.  I do obsessive well!!


Finn loved the Spitting Camel


Wise boy staying out of spitting range.


I've heard of letting sleeping dogs lie....but how about a camel? 
Have you ever seen a camel sleeping?
I never have...another reason I love the zoo...
you never know what you will see!

The new Elephant Odyssey Exhibit brought tears to my eyes.  They finally have a home closer to their natural habitat, the Zoological Architects created a habitat  that looked like it was picked up out of Africa and dropped into the San Diego Zoo.  My pictures don't do it justice.  The Elephants have been in the same enclosure/viewing area since the 1950's......definitely their time for "home improvement".


Entering the New Elephant Odyssey


In the Flesh & Tusks


Finn turned into Jungle Boy.....
new children interactive exhibits throughout the Odyssey.


Finn getting a closer look at the California Sun Bear
maybe a little to close....


Afore mentioned Sun Bear, he was quite focused on Finn. 
He kept walking back and forth in front of the security moat....
wonder what he was wishing for?


Right out of Harry Potter
The Snake wanted Finn's Ice Cream Sandwich....
it kept following each bite he took.
Scary.....
hissssssssssssssss

1 comment:

The Chavez Family said...

Very cool Tiff! Loved the pics! The spitting camel reminds me of some athletes I know! hahahaha Just kidding! Love you, Kara

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah