Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1976 Revisited



Last week I revisited 1976.......no I was not on drugs and I didn't time travel.  I was dropping my son off at preschool.

It was early morning, chilly outside.....Finn and I had walked into the drop off vesitbule, I signed him in and then proceeded to his classroom.  When I opened the door I was instantly surrounded with warmth from the heater & Peter, Paul & Mary's rendition of "Puff the Magic Dragon".  One of Finn's classmates was playing this song while reading the book that accompanied it.......there were about 15 children in the room, many of them with haircuts and clothing similar to those from the  70's. Amazing how fashion keeps recyling itself, it all added to the sense that I had experienced this before.

After hugs and kisses with Finn I headed out to my car, I found myself crying as I drove myself to work.  I wasn't sad, I was overwelmed by the feeling of being thrown back to my childhood and also realizing my childhood was over and Finn's was just beginning.   
 
Time moves swiftly....
enjoy each and every moment.

3 comments:

Allie said...

are you trying to make all your readers tear up right now?

I did for a second...but then I realized Puff the Magic Dragon makes me think of Meet the Parents.

The Chavez Family said...

That was one of my favorite stories as a kid too! I wished Puff was a real dragon!

Being a parent really helps bring our childhood memories to the surface and helps us appreciate our parents more, what they did for us and how they meant to us!

I love Finn! He is such a sweet boy and I still reflect on the days I watched him ..on Fridays!! Love you guys!
Love the way you share things!

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

Kara I can be your real puff dragon! lol... Yes I agree Puff the Magic Dragon was special. I love that movie, I wish I lived in a light house.. well maybe :) Great post Tiff! :) Love ya

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah