Tuesday, January 26, 2010

FIT TO EAT

Last week my mother shared some new recipes she found in the February issue of  "Living" magazine.....all heathlier versions of classic dishes.  She was kind enough to pass the magazine off to me to try them out, and try I did. 


Page 132

\
Chicken Parmigiana
(Healthier Version)

 

Recipe called for Chicken Breast (Boneless & Skinless) but I had fresh Chicken Tenderloins on hand, so I used them instead.  Coated in egg whites, Italian Parsley, Dried Oregano and Whole Wheat Crackers.


Next comes the homemade sauce, whole peeled tomates with 1/2 an onion and 2 cloves of fresh garlic, pureed in blender with 1/2 tsp salt.  You top it with low fat/skim mozzarella cheese and romano, a little goes a long way.



I love when the finished product looks like the picture.

 


Fit & Healthy
All three of us devoured our dinner, I would never have guessed it was lower in fat/calories than its more traditional counterpart.  Chloe was over Sunday night and enjoyed leftovers with me, she kept waiting for more. 

(The dressing on the salad is my Uncle Keith's Pine Valley Lodge Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe,  it makes it very hard to go back to store bought/bottled dressings and it was very easy to make.)

Let me know if you want the recipe's, I would be more than happy to email them to you. 

Here's to a fitter more healthier year!
Merci Mother!

2 comments:

Allie said...

Hi Martha, you're made me hungry. i'm drooling. Please make that for me next time we come out!

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

We have the best mother, sharing wonderful recipes with us, and taking the time to share great magazine finds!! yes indeed the pics make one drool!!! Kara said it smelt so good when she was visiting. Next time you make it call me over for dinner. I will bring the wine and bread :)

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah