Monday, September 21, 2009

PHASE ONE - REMOVAL/INSTALLATION

With the paint barely dry on our new fencing, Todd has tackled the next big project. Installation of custom 6' beveled, leaded glass windows. They've been hanging out in our garage for over a year and finally made their way to my living room.




Demolition begins.....white powder settled on every surface, even with plastic barriers in place. As my mother-in-law says, it gives me the excuse of putting off dusting/mopping until this drywall phase is over. If anyone drops in, I can just blame the mess on the remodeling project...why haven't I thought of this excuse before?



Isn't it Beautiful?
$50.00 (saved from restaurant remodel)
$100 Mahogany Framing (Mexico)
6' Beveled Leaded Glass Window
$0.00 Labor
Priceless
Muchas Gracias Violeta!!!

Who let the Architect on site?
Thank Goodness the Architect/Contractor team gets along!
Psssst....check out my father's side profile, looking good Dad!!!

Seeing Todd with power tools is such a rush!! Between you and me, my husband has surpassed all expectations of what I dreamed for in the perfect spouse. Shhhhhh.....don't let him know, gotta keep him on his toes!

Closing up the old 1955 window.....I will not miss it at all.

Ta Da
Phase One Complete


Do you just love the windows and opening for my future fireplace?

My darling husband also installed electrical boxes for two wall-sconces with an on/off switch and if you look even closer, my cable connection & electrical outlet is centered in the wall to hide behind a flat panel TV.


Please don't laugh at my Halloween Lighted Garland...
it is intended for the front fencing,
but I just can't get over having an electrical outlet over my fireplace.


PHASE TWO coming soon!!!

7 comments:

Allie said...

LOOKS AWESOME! Can your husband please come out and do our house next? enjoy your fireplace.

Unknown said...

IM SICK ABOUT THE "WHAT A RUSH COMMENT" Todd with power tools scares me. Please keep your little lover comments to yoursel as i almost crashed my laptop by puking on it after reading that...

Regards,
Coach Cougar Bait!

Tom and Debbie Goodwin said...

Everything looks gorgeous. Go Todd!

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

I love Robs comment!!! Dang I miss having that stinker around!! :) puking on his laptop hahahaha... Brothers.. arent they the best! God I love mine!

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

Hey you deleted my first comment of how beautiful it looks!!! Whats up with that.. wheres the love!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great Tiff!! I love your brother comment. Such a guy!!
Love you,
Angie

Anonymous said...

DEAR ROB-

After carefully reviewing your age, you must change "Cougar Bait" to "Sabre Tooth Tiger Bait"

Yours faithfully,

Father Time

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah