Thursday, September 10, 2009

BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT

Tonight was Back to School Night for Kirra and Kayla at Roosevelt Middle School. Angie asked Todd if he wouldn't mind going to classes with Kayla. There was only one of her and she couldn't be with both her girls teachers/classes at the same time. It's actually pretty amazing how Roosevelt handles Back to School Night, each parent/student attends all 7 periods together, but class length is shortened to 7 minutes each. I love this, the parent gets to experience their child's school day and learn what each teacher expects from their students.

Angie and Kayla
heading off to her 7th grade class schedule.

Finn, Todd and Kayla
on their way to the 6th Grade Classrooms


I apologize for the unfocused photo..........I didn't have a telephoto lens. I felt like paparazzi, trying to take photos without disturbing the classroom.....but I just had to get a shot of Todd and Kayla in the classroom, Mr Graf's class to be exact. This was Todd's favorite class.

While we waited for Kayla and Todd to finish up 1st and 2nd periods, Finn and I headed off to the Rock Wall. His hike with his dad on Saturday came in handy with this climb.



I have to explain this photo, while Todd and Kayla were in periods 3, 4 and 5....Finn noticed a classroom with pirate paraphenelia everywhere. He was instantly drawn down the hallway to get closer to the room. When we approached, we noticed the classroom was empty of parents and students. We soon discovered this was Mrs. O'Brian's classroom, her room was empty for lunch period. She instantly invited us in and shared her passion for anything Pirates!!! She showed her full collection to Finn and even sent us on our way with one Pirate Gold Coin and a Disney Pirate Telescope with working red light scope (see photo, Telescope in Finn's hand).

We also met Mrs. Adams down the hall in her classroom who invited us in and gave Finn water. I must tell you, I am really loving this school!!!! Finn and I were welcomed by teachers and he doesn't even go there.

Everyone looks happy to be at school after hours
pssst..the classroom at the end of the hallway is Mrs. O'Brians

This picture is the perfect way to end this post, when we came out of 5th period classrooms the sky was alive with oranges, yellows and burnt reds! It was breathtaking and complimented our evening perfectly. We had a lovely time on campus.........there was a moment during the evening when I was following behind Finn, Todd and Kayla, watching them hand in hand, strong emotions overwhelmed me, happiness, contentment, harmony......I will remember this evening forever.

P.S. I wish I had more pictures of Angie and Kirra in her classrooms. I should have hired a photog assistant to follow them....next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Todd, Tiff and Finn for helping me out and making it fun!! Love you guys!!
Angie

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah