Thursday, June 11, 2009

WEEKENDS

Do you ever have one of those weekends where nothing is planned but everything just falls into place and you experience one of the best weekends remembered? That is exactly the type of weekend we just had.


Friday evening started with dinner at Fidel's Mexican Restaurant with Kayla, Angie, Finn, Todd and I. (Kirra absent, hiking in the Sequoia Mountains). After dinner we walked to Linda's yogurt for desert. I love downtown Carlsbad, you can walk from dinner to desert, or to Vinaka's Coffee shop or even to Dad's office, Karnak!!

Kayla and Finn enjoying yogurt and hugs


Kayla, Angie, Finn and Todd

Saturday morning Finn and I headed out at 9am to pick up Kayla and Angie on our way to the Vista Farmers Market. I love open air markets, the sounds, smells, vendors......I couldn't wait to see what was for sale.



Waiting for our Crepes

Live Musicians



Crepe in progress for Finn & Kayla,
hungry yet?


Fresh Fish

Finn must have smelled rotten fruit


Balloon Creation for Finn (Airplane)

Saturday Afternoon found us at Baby Chloe's home. On Saturdays Chloe spends the day with Grandma Cher, it is the best way to visit them both. Finn never wants to leave, we usually stop to visit with Tiago but he was sick this past weekend, and one of the first things you learn as a parent is too keep your children away from sick ones.

Happy Children - Happy Mommie's


How can you not smile at this photo...........


Saturday evening I went to the movies (see June 10th post). We saw "My Life in Ruins", a light romantic comedy filmed in Greece. I couldn't get over how good Nia Vardalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) looked, she is thin, thin, thin!!! Wonder what she did?!?!?!?

Sunday arrived with beautiful weather, we had put off some outside projects and figured this would the perfect day to get them done. Todd, Finn and I spent the entire day outside. We worked mainly on the side yard (off kitchen door). Finn has turned into quite the helper. He can turn water on and off at request. Scoop and shovel dirt from one place to the other, and use a hammer (help me).


Todd built the wall & planter borders, impressed?


My Little Finn
Before dinner Sunday evening, Finn sat on the top kitchen step to view and absorb the rewards of our hard work. The three of us were so proud of all we had finally finished. Now it is time for me to eat crow, when Todd came home with sod to lay in the walkway between the stepping stones without consulting me first, I was not happy. I didn't think it would look good and thought it would require more maintenance than I was willing to do on our side yard. I eat my words and apologize to my husband, he was right and I was wrong. Did the Earth shift off its axis?

And there you have it, the perfect spontanious weekend!

1 comment:

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

First you forgot to mention the best part downtown carlsbad! Your sisters live there haha j/k w/ ya :) And wow that is the cutest picture of chloe, yes indeed it makes you smile looking at that pic! LOVE IT and LOVE THE ONE with Chloe and Finn!! SUPER CUTE! Wow Chloe is getting so BIG! Where does the time go? I LOVE LOVE what Todd did to the back yard! GO TODD GO!!! Are those pictures of the Vista Farmers Market? I want to go tomorrow!!!! LOVE IT! Crepes look so good!! Maybe I shouldnt go.. I might pig out on those.. Bananas and chocolate crepes!!! OH My !! :) Love you Tiff :)

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah