Friday, June 12, 2009

Family of Five

Some days I feel like I am missing out by having only one child. I feel I would be a good mother of many, many children. For goodness sake, I am the oldest of four children, I know what it is like to have a house full. I am aware there is a difference from raising children to being a child, but if you have one, why not have 6??? My husband says there is a big difference, "It's called MONEY".

During childhood, there were times when I wished I was an only child (sharing, privacy).........but could I even imagine my life without Kara, Devon and Robert? I am so thankful to have them and the childhood we shared. There was always constant commotion, running from music lessons to swim team practice. My mother should be sainted, I don't think I ever heard her complain about all the extra curricular activities we were involved in (for four children!!!!)


Am I missing out by only having one child, or more importantly is Finn missing out? YES Finn and I are missing out, but I am very thankful for the one I have, and then last night I realized I don't' have just one...............I walked in the door from work Thursday to a house full of children, bikini's, towels, sunscreen, and boogie boards. Finn, Kirra, Kayla and Todd were all waiting for me so we could head to the beach for dinner and boogie boarding. My home was filled with laughter, children, bare bottoms and the cry of "Where's the sunscreen?" and "Where's my bikini top?" I am blessed that Kirra and Kayla are actively involved in our daily lives, our family instantly goes from 3 to 5!!! I LOVE IT. I am thankful for what I have, it is enough!!!

Kirra - Kayla - Finn

FINN

Love this,
More bars in more places, get it?

United Front

Kirra enjoying the sand and the last of the sun.

Love the Rash Guard Kayla!!

Pure Joy on my husband's face!!

Where can you go to the beach and look north to see military tanks approaching?
Del Mar Beach, Camp Pendleton

Finn decided to upgrade to the larger Boogie Board.

WOW, how deep is the water, 1cm

Sand - Surf - Sun - Shadows

After hot showers and change of clothes, we loaded up in the parking lot and were treated to a show, the tanks we saw on the beach were moving to the marina. Our very own parade of tanks.
A family tradition was started whenever we go to the beach at Del Mar......Hand Dipped Cones at Dairy Queen. The Oceanside Dairy Queen has outside Fire Rings, perfect way to warm up after an evening swim in the ocean. It also works as an enticement to get children out of the water............
This is Enough
I am HAPPY
This is the video I took of the tanks moving towards the Marina.
Click Play to Watch


1 comment:

The Chavez Family said...

Love all the updated pictures! You guys have a wonderful life with so many precious lives to love! xoxo

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah