Monday, June 1, 2009

JUNE GLOOM

True to form, I awoke today to gloomy, gray skies. It wouldn't be June in Southern California without June Gloom, I can't complain too much, we made it through May Gray with very few days of gray(marine layer). I am sad to see May behind me even though June has much to offer us. Father's Day, San Diego Fair, End of 2008-2009 school year, Warmer Ocean/Pool water, and Swim Lessons.

Besides the gloom, June represents the beginning of our local tourist season. I can be honest and admit I feel badly for them, they book their San Diego/Sea World Summer vacations during May and June, not realizing their vacation will be gloomy and cold. I can see them now all bundled up on the beach under the aforementioned marine layer wondering where the sunshine is. Locals will tell you our best beach months are August and September.

I have confidence that once the marine layer has burned off, I will be able to look out over the Pacific Ocean and see Catalina Island nestled on the horizon, silently beckoning the San Diego Coastline.

Happy June Y'all.

Catalina on the horizon
(view from Todd's Job)


June greetings from Finn and Todd

No comments:

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah