Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Fathers Early Years

Happy Fathers Day to
My Father & Father-in-Law

My Father & Grandmother

Years ago I was preparing a genealogy assignment and my grandmother sent me this photo of her and my father!!! It is the only baby picture I have of him. My father was my grandmothers first born, and I am my father's first born. I love to think that because of me I influenced him to become the wonderful man he is today, but I know it is the other way around. My father is the most loving and selfless man I know, I strive to be a better human being because of him. I love you so very much Dad and can't imagine a single day without you!!! You always seem to call at the right time, or show up just when I needed to see you the most.

Below is Gus and his mother Dorothy. This photo currently hangs in the home of Todd's parents. I have passed it many times and wish I could have known the woman who gave us Gus. Gus didn't have as many years with his mother as he should have, he lost her young but I know she is with him always. Gus has been my father-in-law for over 18 years and I have been so lucky to have him as my second father. I have learned many things from him, from microbial organisms living on the ocean floor to unclogging a toilet, but mostly he gave me Todd, and for that alone I will be eternally grateful!!! Thank you Gus for all you do for me and mine.

My Father-in-law and His Mother

No comments:

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah