Saturday, November 27, 2010

THANKSGIVING - SQUARED

Todd and I are blessed with having both of our families close by, which means......Thanksgiving SQUARED, yes....that translates to "Two Turkey Dinners"!!!  First of the day:

1:00PM Gustafson's

Finn & Kayla with tongues hanging out waiting for turkey.

Finn - Todd - Aunt Mickey

Uncle Charlie - Jonathan - Aunt Mickey

Gus carving the Turkey

Me and Kirra

Uncle Charlie & I
(I am just loving my new argyle sweater,
on clearance at Target for $5.96)
Brother & Sister

Mother and Daughter

Samson came with us to Grandma Violet's, as you can see he is completely stuffed with Turkey....we couldn't get him to budge.

4:30PM
On the road heading to our next Turkey Dinner at Grandma Edna's house.  Finn was overly excited to head South....he knew a brand new "boy" cousin was waiting for him.....

 Meet Cash Johnson...7 days old. 
Is he just the most adorable little cutie ever?

Dad and Todd enjoying the Thanksgiving feast.

Finn was in Heaven...
Caleb letting him hold his new cousin

 Cousins
(I love Caley in the bottom of the photo poruing gravy on her potato's)

 Mother and Daughter

Great Grandma Pat with Great Grandson Cash
(Patty's grandmother, I just loved her....she is originally from Virginia near the Blue Ridge mountains, she is 1 of 13 children and was a joy to speak with...I could have talked with her all evening!)

An American Living Room on Thanksgiving Day

Great Grandma Edna and her newest great grandson Cash
Many Many Blessings

Caitlin playing with Uncle Mark, if you notice the red Indian vests on some of the children...Grandma Cher made them with specific grandchildren in mind.  Finn was "Hawk Eye", Tiago was "Iron Rail " and Chloe was "Laughing Horsey".  My mother also created the beautiful Harvest Art you see throughout the photos.....Red Barn Mural & Indian Totem Poles......she is extremely talented, wish I had inherited that gene!!

Chloe AKA: Laughing Horsey

Finn AKA: HAWK EYE
(My apologizies Dev...I didn't get a photo of Tiago's,
will have to take one next time we visit)

Whatever could be going on here?  All the children and adults gathered around Caleb....it was the quietest the house had been all evening..........

AHHHHHHHHH.........changing Cash's diaper & outfit.   It drew a crowd and all I could think of as I snapped these shots was how life can't get any better than this.  New Life, New Beginnings.

I am truly thankful for all I have in my life...an abundancy of friends and family.  I have been doubly blessed with two amazing families.....the Richardson/Johnsons and the Gustafson/Giffords, I love you all!!!!

On the way home from Grandma Edna's we asked Finn what his favorite part of the day was.........his answer:  His new cousin and friend CASH.  I think I can speak for all us in agreeing with Finn, our biggest blessing this Thanksgiving was our newest family member.......CASH.

1 comment:

The Chavez Family said...

Loved your pics! We had a blast! Mom made it very special with all her Thanksgiving props. It created a nice ambiance! Hope you all know that we love you guys very much! Looking forward to Christmas!

Love,
Auntie Kara

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah