Friday, July 10, 2009

YELLOW ROSES

I came home from work today late, tired and brain dead. It was a very productive day at the office but I didn't think I had anything left in me to give the two waiting for me behind my front door. Oh how wrong I was, my son called to me from the living room window, excitement and happiness plain to see on his face as I walked up the path to our door. I was immediately embraced as I entered our home.

Finn quickly darted past me to Todd's truck, I dropped my laptop case and purse to follow him tiredly, he already had the truck door open as I approached, he turned around and presented me with a yellow dozen roses. He was so proud and excited, "Mommie, these are for you from me and Daddy".

Amazing how one second I felt tired and loopy and the next I felt loved and appreciated. I wasn't tired anymore. I was ready for Friday night with my family.
The Power of Yellow Roses

1 comment:

Allie said...

What a way to start a weekend!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah