Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Reading Program


It's not too late to start your Summer Reading Program. Finn and I went to the library and signed up with the children's librarian. They are extremely helpful and even have a list of recommended reading for different age groups. I use it as a guide but also like to see what Finn will pick out. Depending on your library, some of the programs offer incentive's based on the number of books read. Free food coupons, free movie tickets....etc.

We left with three books and have read two so far. We have a special spot in the house where we sit and read, removed from television, toys and pool. Finn always reminds me if I forget!!!

(Finn reading a Step 1 book by himself, trying to start him early)

I challenge you all to a Summer Reading Program. Turn the TV off, silence your cell phone and take 15 minutes to read, whether it be the newspaper, Readers Digest or novel. I am currently reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.......what are you reading?

2 comments:

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

I don't think Pato would like you challenging me to read more haha! Ever since "Garden Spells" I have read (No exaggerating serious!) at least 60 books! And people think those black bags under my eyes are from being a mother of a toddler! Ha.. I got them fooled! Its from reading until 2 or 3 am! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful stories!
love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
I think Kirra and I have no problem with a hour a day but Kayla will have a problem with 15 minutes. =)
Love you,
Angie

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah