Wednesday, April 13, 2011

FACELIFT

(Old Grip Tape, removed with Putty Knife)

Finn's skateboard is a hand-me-down from his cousin Kayla.  It's been in his possession for at least two years, used frequently.  What this means, it has seen it share of wear and tear. 

While skating in our culd-de-sac, our friend and neighbor (Lori) noticed the condition of Finn's deck and said "I have the perfect gift for you".  Her son's friend is a local known artist (Mouse) who makes custom skateboard grip tape using his own unique designs, she gave one to Finn.  Finn thought it was totally cool, especially that the image was Joker from Batman.

Todd immediately removed the old grip tape and sanded and prepared the deck for the new design.  Finn watched the entire process in awe, Todd was upgraded to Super Hero status.  

This is the new grip tape before Todd attached to the deck.  A little gruesome for me, but Todd and Finn assured me it was the coolest grip tape ever, a one of a kind.  What do I know?  I'm just a girl.

Finished Result
Skateboards are not usually allowed in my house but Finn just couldn't part with it yet.  He held on to it all night.  Now I just have to get the image of Heath Ledgers Joker out of my mind!! 

No comments:

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah