Monday, April 12, 2010

To Dye an Egg or Not?

This year we barely made it........I realized Saturday evening (the night before Easter) that we hadn't colored Easter eggs yet.   We were heading back home after spending time with Aunt Scotty in San Diego and I realized I hadn't even boiled the eggs yet!!  If you know anything about dying eggs, you can't dye them warm....they need to be cold (this helps with brighter more vibrant color). 

Am I a poor mother?  I was boiling eggs in my kitchen at 7pm which means coloring wouldn't take place till after 9pm once they had the chance to chill a little in the fridge!  Finn's bedtime is normally 7:30pm to 8:00pm.....he didn't make it on time.

This year I strayed from Dudley's Color Kit which I've worked with since childhood.  I just knew this new system of "Spill Proof" Cups would work. They DID NOT!  I learned quickly, not to stray. 

Excitement still there even though we were approaching the 10 o'clock hour.......Finn couldn't believe we let him stay up so late.

Don't you just love Todd's gloves? 
I'm sure Dr. Sperber would approve!

Check this out...instead of using the empty egg cartons to store the finished eggs in, I used the plastic apple trays from Costco.  They worked perfectly!

Whew....we made it this year, just barely!!!

1 comment:

Allie said...

my mom bought the same things...maryrita and I were like, "they suck." How about getting the top part snapped on the bottom. And I like how in "hints" they tell you to use vinegar....should be in the directions!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah