Tuesday, January 25, 2011

THE LAUNCH

PARTICIPANTS
TODD - WILL - FINN

I told you the launch was coming and we couldn't have chosen a better day, we had Will with us Sunday while his parents were running the Carlsbad Marathon.  Whats better than 2 males launching a rocket? THREE MALES! 

Both boys listened and watched Todd intensely, 
they were excited and not too sure what to expect!

The Engine - Fire Power
(I bet Mary & Dave could have used one of these
in each of their running shoes as they hit mile 10)

In goes the wadding....lift off approaching quickly!  So glad Todd knew what he was doing, I didn't have a clue, I just kept snapping shots and enjoying the excitement in Finn and Will.

Todd hooking up the igniter

10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
LIFT OFF

It was too quick for me, it went from 0 to 1,000' in seconds!  I had my camera on the "kids & pets" setting, didn't help.  We saw the parachute deploy and the descent back to earth, our landing wasn't spectacular....into a star pine!  

It was great way to spend Sunday morning before heading back to Temecula for more.............Soccer!  

2 comments:

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

Todd is the best! :) Will and Finn look almost related :) Such hansome boys!! I love Wills name!! if I have an another boy in the future I may consider will! Imagine.. Arrgh Pirate Tiago and Capt. Will.... they have a pirate sound together.. ok.. Im on way to much coffee!! love you

The Chavez Family said...

That's awesome Todd is doing those fun boy things with the kids! They will always remember these times. ....Dev, that would be funny Pirate Tiago and Captian Will...hahaha!!

Love you guys! keep those post coming. I enjoy them so much!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah