Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Very Own Gateway

Before entering my domicile, you will now approach custom hand forged iron gates, installed by my husband and father on Saturday. My husband is also responsible for the stucco/cement columns the gates are attached to, built by him and a mason friend a few weeks ago. I am coming to the realization that I am surrounded by men of greatness, better yet.....ones that I am related to and live with.

As I watched them throughout the installation, I was impressed at how well my father and husband worked together. Not a typical scenario when Todd and I do a project together, much more yelling and screaming involved. I figured out the secret to their success, my father told Todd what to do and Todd did it, no questions asked.

Are they not gorgeous? I find myself wandering outside just to walk back and forth through my lovely new gates. They still catch me off guard, can they possibly be in my very own front yard? I can see them from my kitchen and living room windows and instantly I feel like Daisy in the Great Gatsby, they seem so grand!!


Door hardware and fencing is next on the list, back to putting money in the piggy bank to save up for Phase II.


If you are in the neighborhood, feel free to drive by and come walk through my new gates. You will instantly feel better as you walk through, I may even have a glass of Chardonnay waiting for you.

1 comment:

Goodwin Family said...

Gorgeous!! I love it when you do a project that turns out great and you just can't stop looking at it. Nice job Todd and Grandpa!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah