Thursday, September 2, 2010

THURSDAY AFTERNOON

What to do on a Thursday afternoon?  

Todd & I were both home  early from work today and wanted to take Finn somewhere fun.....we didn't have enough time to head to Sea World or the Zoo, we needed something we could do outside &  not too far away.....

My darling husband was struck with brilliance.....he said "Let's take Finn to the La Jolla Cave! 

Of course....THE CAVE!

You can imagine how quickly Finn ran to get his shoes on when he heard the word "CAVE".  We piled in the car with sturdy walking shoes on and headed down I-5 to La Jolla.

Ready to descend?  It was a little different descending this time compared to previous visits....I had Finn with me this time and there were moments of terror as I envisioned him slipping and falling to the Ocean waiting below.  Keep in mind, the steps are wet & slippery with over 100 years of grime & sludge...so my terror was certifiable.

Finn taking it all in
(This is the view after descending 145 steps through sandstone that opens up to the Pacific Ocean)

Have you ever been to the La Jolla Cave & Shell shop?  It is a must if you are ever in the area and don't mind a little climb.

After our ascent, we headed over to Seal Beach/La Jolla Cove.  Finn loved the Seals, we even saw two whales passing by not too far from shore.  Do we really live here?  By live here, of course I don't mean in La Jolla but in a greater range......San Diego! 


Todd & Finn waiting for a wave....where did they go?  They were crashing overhead a minute ago?  Notice, I am standing back...protecting my camera of course.
  
 Ahhhhh.......there they are! 

Would you like to know what I loved most about this afternoon? 
I spent it with these too. 

1 comment:

Tom and Debbie Goodwin said...

Living there must be like being on vacation every day. . . so beautiful! Great photos, Tiff.

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah