Monday, September 6, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL MOTTO

The waiting is over.......thank you all for voting!  I received countless emails and texts from you all and appreciate your input.  Our family 2010-2011 school year motto is:

"Soaring to Excellence"
Setting the Table & the Theme

This time of year is always special to me, some of my happiest moments from childhood were from Back to School.  Our mother always made sure we went back to school with new shoes, new clothes, new lunchboxes, new school supplies....times 4!!! I don't know how my parents did it but they did.  I am eternally grateful.

The new school year was a time of enrichment & growth for me at Ole Hanson Elementary School.  I can still remember my mother driving us to school the week before to see the class rosters posted and to find out which teacher we were assigned to & to see if any of our friends were in the same class.   

I want to make sure my child has the same fond memories of this time of year as I do.  We started the school year motto last year with great success and will continue all the way through to college!  Postivie thinking!   
 
 Back to School Dinner Menu
****
Sparkling French Pink Lemonade
Spring Salad with Basalmic Vinegrette
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower & Brocolli
Mashed Potatos with Turkey Gravy
Cheddar Chicken
Corn Muffins


A Toast to a successfull new school year!
Finn loved Toasting
(Toasting glasses compliments of Aunt Kara,
a birthday gift 10 years ago..Merci!)

Hungry?

Before Finn went to bed tonight, we read the following books:  Marley goes to school & If you take a mouse to school.  They were specifically chosen for this night before Finn heads back to school tomorrow as a Pre-K student. 
 
 (Checked out from our local library)

Our evening was a great success!  Finn is now fast asleep and I am doing dishes, endless dishes.  I made everything myself except for the sparkling pink lemonade (thanks Trader Joes!) 

Here's to the new school year and Soaring to Excellence!!! 

3 comments:

The Chavez Family said...

Wow! The dinner display is so beautiful Tiffiney!! The food looked yummy too!! I loved that you were using the glasses I got you years ago. I love the banner "Soaring to Excellence". That is one I voted for!Hee, hee, giggle, giggle!. Love it! Finn and Todd are blessed to have you in their lives because you bring lovely magic to your home! And of course Finn and Todd are wonderful too! Love you guys!

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

I too must agree with Kara! Tres Jolie display!! I noticed you used the autumn napkins I gave you for your birthday 20 years ago lol.... haaha... seriously you are truly amazing... I love this new season coming!! will be thinking of Finn going back to school tomorrow! Oh I noticed you had an extra plate on the table... uh... why didnt you call me? I would of glady had dinner with you folks!! I start school soon too you know!! j/k! Love you Tiff had a great time yesterday!!!!!! Sisters are the best!

Allie said...

oh the meal looks divine! YUM! You are so awesome with your wonderful dinners to begin the school year. What a great Mom!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah