Friday, October 23, 2009

$2.00 Halloween Craft

This is the perfect project for working mothers.

You will need:
1 yard Halloween Fabric
Sewing Machine
Old Twin Pillow Case (for use as pattern)
Scissors
30 Minutes

I let Finn pick out the fabric, I kept his choices to two bolts or we would still be at the fabric store waiting on his decision. The fabric he chose was $2.00 a yard.

Use an old twin pillowcase to lay on top of fabric, trace around the old pillowcase leaving a 3/4" margin. Cut and sew. It only took me 10 minutes to run it through the sewing machine. For a little bit more pizazz, I used a zig-zag stitch around the top.

For $2.00 and 30 minutes of my time Finn has a custom made Halloween pillow case.

Finn's pleasure: PRICELESS

4 comments:

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

How cute!! I think I will do that for Tiago for Xmas :) Going to order Tiaog's cake now :) Yippie! Post the pics from our cupcake night!! love you!

Moonstarfire100 said...

My sister & I always used old pillow cases as our trick or treat bags growing up. I think this will add a fun spin on things for my niece & nephew when we go trick or treating this year.

Unknown said...

Tiff, i saw these at walmart for $2.00. I can't believe you!

JK that is awesome!

The Chavez Family said...

I love your idea Tiff. So original and creative! Fin is lucky to have you as a mom!!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah