Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday Funday at SeaWorld

With Todd off to see the Padre's Farm Team (Storm) in Lake Elsinore with his niece Kayla and his parents (photos to come), Finn and I decided to visit Sea World with Aunt Devon and Tiago. (Thanks to Aunt Mickie & Uncle Charlie, we have a two year passport, Christmas Gift, thank you, merci, muchas gracias!)
I know you all hear about our frequent trips to Sea World, but in good traffic it is only 35 minutes away and offers not only sealife entertainment but an educational value as well.
When we arrived we were able to see the Sea Otter Feeding and listen to the Otter Trainer talk about diet, habitat and characteristics of California Otters vs. Alaskan Otters. We were then off to feed the Bat Rays. Yes, I did say "feed" Bat Rays. I left the feeding to Finn and Aunt Devon. If you are familiar with Bat Rays, they suck in the fish like a vacuum, I always feel like they make suck in more than the bait fish.


Finn waiting for the right moment. Bait fish in hand.

Brave Aunt Devon and a hungry Bat Ray

Tiago was not too enamored by the Bat Rays.....Shamu more his style.

Aunt Devon and Tiago in the tunnel below the Shark Aquarium.

Bad parenting moment 3,136.......while I was busy trying to get the shot below, my son decided to hop over the exhibit guard rail and enter the exhibit.....alarms sounded....I knew we were seconds away from being swarmed by security. Visions of the perfect photo left my mind...replaced by my inner voice screaming "RUN". You may ask, what have I have learned from this moment........bring duct tape next time to secure Mr. Finn to my side during the "Shark Experience" exhibit.
Mr. Finn seconds from jumping the rail.... and entering exhibit!

Sleeping Seal

Now, if I were going to enter an exhibit...
this would be the one for me, not the Shark Exhibit.

Mr. Finn and I at Shipwreck Cafe

The following photos were taken at Bay of Play - They have recently remodeled and I highly recommend for parents with small children. Great way to end the day and to ensure an early bedtime.
Finn trying unsuccessfully to get Tiago out in the middle

Water Fun

Do you think Mr. Finn got water up his nose?

Pure Joy

Aunt Dev, Tiago and Finn at Believe Shamu Show
Video Below, Enjoy!



3 comments:

Allie said...

The boys are getting too big, too fast. That's so funny about Finn & the alarm. Something to remember every time you are at that exhibit :)

Anonymous said...

I like the one of Finn dragging Tiago along. Such a bully!!
Angie

Anonymous said...

i luv the picture of finn dragging tiago
Kayla

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah