Monday, April 6, 2009

Daffodil's & Green Polka Dots

By decree, everyone must have daffodils and green polka dots in the Spring.
My mother has always loved daffodils, so I guess it comes to me naturally. She wanted daffodils at her wedding, but back in the late 60's during January, daffodils were not so readily available. This saddens me but at the same time, when my mother stopped by on Saturday and viewed my sporadic arrangement of daffodils...she said my dad had just brought her home the most beatiful boquet of daffodils. Even though Daffodil's didn't make an appearance at their wedding...they have been a part of their married life. Oh Dad, you did good!!!
My sporadic arrangement of Daffodils
Another reason to love daffodils........this time of year you can visit your local Trader Joe's and pick up 10 stems for $1.29. Make sure to pick a bunch that haven't bloomed yet, you will get to enjoy them longer. My arrangement in the photo shows two sets. (20 stems for those of you who didn't pass 2nd grade math)


Polka Dots...can you say polka dots without smiling? They look fabulous on bikini's, shoes, head bands....and my very own placemats. I decided this Spring I would opt for the placemats instead of the bikini...maybe next Spring. When I walk into my kitchen, I can't help but notice the green polka dot placemats! For you bargain hunters, they were only a $1.00 piece. Simple pleasures!!!

You too can have Daffodil's and Green Polka Dots in your home for $6.00!!

1 comment:

Allie said...

This is a great HGTV post. Those placemats are pretty cute. You should do a side job as a Florist.

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah