Friday, July 15, 2011

HARRY POTTER - FINAL CHAPTER

I don't have to write one word without you already knowing I was at the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  The final chapter, the end!  Just thinking this makes me want to cry all over again.

SCARY

The movie was brilliant, stayed true to the book as much as possible!  If it has to end I am glad it ended with this film. 
We heard through the grapevine that all 15 theater's were sold out and that record crowds were anticipated, this made me a little nervous about parking.  Todd solved the issue by offering to drop me off (Kara could bring me home after the movie). 

Todd & Finn decided to stay for dinner at Lamppost Brewery which is conveniently located next to the theater, Kayla joined us for Potato Skins & Barbecue Chicken Pizza.  This also gave Todd & Finn the opportunity of seeing first hand the madness & chaos of a midnight premiere.  I have never seen so many people dressed up in Harry Potter themed outfits...... even more than Halloween!

Todd figuring out how much money
the theater was making off ticket sales!!
Random photo of a girl dressed up
in Gryffindor Gear
One of Many

My Cosmo
(With the Stalker aka: Kayla)

Our Group
One of the mothers (Lupi) got there at 2pm to save us this spot, then Angie & the girls relieved her at 4pm so she could take some of the girls to Soccer & Tennis practice only to return later to get back in line.   I didn't arrive till 7pm and was extremely thankful for their dedication and determination, the line was beyond imaginable and we were at the front!  (The first people in line got there at 11pm the night before!!)  Thank you Angie & Lupi!
The Harry Potter Moms
(Lupi*Devon*Angie*Tiff)

My sister Devon came straight from College (downtown San Diego) so she could enjoy the movie will the girls!  Kara also came from San Diego after teaching, arriving shortly after 10pm, I regretfully don't have any photos of her from this night....I was beyond tired at that point and had put my camera away by the time she arrived (hence, no seat shots).  (Dev, do you have any on your cell phone?)

Dobby & Kayla

Kirra & Dobby
We were seated inside the theater by 9:30pm and were entertained by endless costumed fans.  This kept boredom at bay and provided ideal photo ops! 

I made it home by 2:35am....thank you Kara!  And to think as I laid my head upon my pillow......there was another showing getting read to start at 3am!! 

Long Live Harry Potter
and of course
JK Rolling

2 comments:

maria juliana said...

me gustaria que visitaras mis paginas www.rollitodepapel.blogspot.com
www.lobosylobos.blogspot.com
www.vagosdesparchados.blogspot.com
(esta ultima esta en construccion , dame ideas)

http://www.entrarhotmail.com.ar said...

Very interesting post with various opinions on promotion. Bumped into it after finding your most current post on FB, which, incidentally, I really don't like :-) Too much of what I do, other than KDP, is the "drive by" type of promo, or is only intended to Like or Follow other authors. I also love Pinterest, but it's mainly for me

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah