Thursday, August 12, 2010

FINN'S TURN

Here we are approaching the middle of August and it doesn't even seem like Summer has hit Southern California.  Where's the sunshine?  Where's the heat?  Should I be careful for what I wish for?

Everywhere I look I see Back To School ad's and I can't help but feel shorted on Summer.  Even AYSO/Rec soccer has begun, which only means one thing....Fall is around the corner!

The 2010 Soccer Season is extra special for Todd and I....Finn finally gets his turn.  His own team, his own uniform...his own ball.


Saturday we took Finn shopping at the local Sporting Goods store for cleats, shin guards and a size 3 ball.  I wish you could have been there too see him trying on cleats, running up and down the isles trying to find the perfect fit. 

Finn wanted to wear the cleats & shin guards out to the car.  Why not I ask you....when I turn around on the way home and see this happy little face smiling back at me!!!  Worth every dollar spent.

Finns first practice and Team meeting was Tuesday.  He met the Coach/Assistant Coach and the other members of his team.  This also gave us the opportunity to meet the other parents and our Team Mom.  Uniforms were passed out (Blue) and a team name was chosen democratically by the boys.........want to take a guess?

BLUE SHARKS!!

When the actual practice began, I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.  Was this really my little boy?  How did we get to this point already?  It just seemed like we did this with Kirra 8 years ago....

The boys listened to directions & practiced vigorously.  I was amazed by how well the Coach/Asst Coach kept ten 4 & 5 year olds in line.  It's hard enough with just one.

Isn't the ball supposed to go into the goalbox?

Finn didn't know one other boy on the team but by the end of practice they were fastly on their way to becoming friends.  I was so proud of Finn and amazed at how quickly he adapted to the new boys & coaches!  May this be the beginning of many years of fun-filled soccer ahead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile from ear to ear. The pics at the store and on the way home are priceless! Atta boy, Finn! Next time you come to Utah maybe we can all go to watch REAL (that's the name of the Salt Lake team) play at our new huge soccer stadium. And maybe someday Goodie and I will be going there to watch YOU play. We're glad it's finally your turn. =D

Love, Debbie

The Chavez Family said...

Wow, this brings so many past memories! You know me a huge soccer lover!! I can't wait to go see Fin at his first soccer game. I want to go so bad!! Please let me know what time!
Fin is adorable and I just can't wait to hug and squeeze him! I miss him!
Love the pictures Tiff. Because of Chloe getting Chickenpocs it feels like forever since we last saw you guys! I miss the Gustafsons!!

The Chavez Family said...

Oops, I did it again, I keep spelling Finn with one "n". Sorry Tiff! I promise to get it right soon! haha :-)

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

Oh my gosh! Finn is so cute!! I love these pictures!! Go Blue Sharks!!!! I love Finn!!!!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah