Tuesday, June 29, 2010

CAMPING

When the tents and sleeping bags come out, I know Summer has begun.  My childhood was filled with camping, I camped with my father in the High Sierra's, with my sisters and brother in the Yosemite valley and even houseboating in Lake Powell.   I've missed it, remind me......why haven't we camped? 

When I heard Violet & Chris were taking the grandchildren camping at Guajome Park/Lake I was thrilled.  I had never been to Guajome Regional Park and was pleasantly surprised.  

This was Finn's first foray into camping,
if you don't count our frontyard. 

Let the Good Times Roll

Just finishing up dinner,
Violet starting coffee. 
Camp Coffee always tastes better....
why is that?


Camping Diva's
Me - Angie - Chris

Princess Kirra of the Tent people

Todd with his second mother Chris
(These two have been camping together
since Todd's birth)


Finn, Memphis and Gracie rode their bikes until twilight, back and forth they rode from Campsite 2 to Campsite 5.  Games at one site, food at the other site.  Different family and friends to enjoy from site to site.

Campfire

Tent Buddies
Kayla - Grace - Memphis - Finn

I was so proud of Finn, he kept saying he didn't want to spend the night.  He didn't want to sleep in the tent, he wanted to spend the night in his own bed.....it went on and on....I didn't say much just let him think it out, but once there enjoying the Lake, his friends, the s'mores and Brown Bears......he stayed the night like a big boy and wants to go back tonight!  A success.

Happy Camping this Summer!

1 comment:

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

Finn is so cute!!! Such a handsome smile!! Cant wait for us to go camping together too :)

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah