Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Sequel that was a Prequel

Can you even begin to image the great disappointment I felt after learning that Fire was not a sequel to Graceling but a prequel?


I was devastated!



I finished Graceling thinking that Fire was next in line, those of you who know me understand how attached I become to characters in books.  I still long for more stories of Stuart Little and can't believe E. B. White didn't write more of him. 


Kristin Cahsore's Graceling introduced me to  a new world and many unique character's but I was mostly fascinated by Katsa and Po. I knew they were waiting for me in Fire so I wasn't as sad as I normally am when  I come to to the last pages of the story.   How wrong I was.......


So while I wait for the sequel to Graceling, I will open the pages of Fire and try to forget Katsa and Po.  I will open my mind and heart to whatever awaits me between the pages of Fire.  I will also try and figure out what my special Grace is?  Any suggestions for those of you who have read the book and understand the question?!?!?!?!?

My book recommendation for February is
Graceling! 

P.S.  Graceling was another recommendation from my niece Kirra.  Don't you think she would make a good Book Editor?  She is always right on with her selections!

No comments:

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah