Friday, February 12, 2010

Homemade Valentine

This year I thought it would be nice for Finn to make his own Valentine Cards to pass out at his school party.  When I was his age, my mother always helped us make homemade, you hardly ever saw store bought. 

I figured out why store bought Valentine's have become more popular, cheaper and convenient.  After a trip to Michael's & the Dollar Tree the whopping total was $32.00 versus $3.99 for store bought.  Big difference......however the payoff to homemade and extra expense was the time and fun spent with Finn....and  his valentine cards will be unique!


Finn proud of his glitter results

Hands & Glitter

Finished Valentine for the boys in his class.  
The girls get candy bracelet's.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies & Brownie Squares

After bath and bedtime for Finn, more Valentine preparations  waited for me, homemade Crinkle Cookies for his class party.  I didn't start working on the cookie dough until 10pm and realized after reading the recipe that the dough must chill for at least 4 hours.  Quick change of plans, into the fridge the dough went, I had Todd sent the alarm for 5am so I could get up early to bake 4 dozen.

I admit, I am tired this morning......but it was well worth it.
There will be time to sleep after Finn is thirty!!

3 comments:

The Chavez Family said...

HaHa! You are a superb mom! Love it! Miss you guys! I need a Gustafson visit. I hope to see you guys tomorrow!!

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

We must be on the same page. Dollar tree Valentines supplies right? I did the same thing. Tiago and I worked on homemade Valentines for the family last night. Glitter, glue, tissue paper, doilies, paint, etc.. very messy fun project. I will post my pic after the day or it wont be a surprise :) Homemade is the best!! Tiago wants me to note, he wants to go to Disney castle with Todd, Tiffie, and Finn tonight! lol.. Crazy boy!!! Love you guys

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

Dollar Tree? Im losing it!!! I meant Dollar Store!!! hahaha....

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah