Monday, November 23, 2009

CHRISTMAS SPIRIT



Have you noticed this year that people are 
finding their Christmas Spirit early? 

As you can see by the photo, I am in this group.  We decorated our front gates on Sunday much to Finn's excitement.  When have I ever decorated for Christmas before Thanskgiving? Never!!  For some reason this year I want to decorate, cook, shop and read anything Christmas related. 

Finn has been asking more questions pertaining to Baby Jesus which brought up a good idea....Todd and I are going to focus on the Spirit of Christ this holiday season.  We are going to bring Baby Jesus into our home.  The Nativity Scene will be brought out and stories told.....I am excited to share the same stories of Christmas that my own parents shared with me.  I can still remember my mother reading out loud "The Gift of the Magi".  Have you read this story?  YOU MUST if you have not!! 

If you do but one thing this holiday season, take the time to make a pot of tea/coffee, light a candle and read "The  Gift of the Magi".  You will be a better person for it.  I promise the Spirit of Christmas will fill every inch of your being.  If you don't have the resources to pick up the book, I will loan you mine

2 comments:

Allie said...

OMG you are just like your brother. Rob kept asking to decorate over the weekend, but I had to say NO. Love the penguins!

ABC Family keeps playing all the cheesy christmas movies already and I won't let myself watch them. It's so hard! Friday though...oh Friday, we'll be there with our christmas decor!

GonhesRichardsonClan said...

Also another book mom read to us at Christms, which is absolutely a beautiful story is "The Tale of 3 Trees" Silly I am, I still get emotional when I read it at Christmas! I Love the Xmas decor!! I'm with Allie too!! Friday it all comes out!! But this year it is tempting... it must be in the air :) Great post Tiff!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah