Monday, October 3, 2011

OKTOBERFEST 2011

Last year we spent the first day of October running through apple orchards in Julian.  This year we started October the German way............Oktoberfest!!!

I don't think I have any German ancestry........Irish, Scottish, English, French YES......but German, not an ounce!  Maybe that's why I don't look good in white tights with bows!  

Beer is the beverage of choice at Oktoberfest but don't forget the GRAPE!  If you want wine at the Oktoberfest you have to crush the grapes yourself!  Just Kidding....OR AM I?  Finn waiting in line to crush his mother a glass of Cabernet.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  When was the last time he exfoliated?

Strongest Person Competition
They use pumpkins...
unlike the Highland Games where they throw logs!

Military Volunteers
Finn &Tiago's most memorable part of the evening!

Can you believe it? 
Grandma Edna attended this years Oktoberfest!

Me & My Grandmother
I am her first grandchild, because of me you can call her Grandmama!! This would be my favorite photo of the evening except for the horrible shadow.  I need a Photoshop expert!

You will not believe this....Gus & Violet left Portland, Oregon at 5am in the morning and still had the energy to attend this year's Oktoberfest!  I think the draw was the girl sitting next to them......Kayla!!  Or was it the Bratwurst?

Best Spiderman of the Night!

My Spiderman eating his dinner.

Me & The Birthday Girl
Teenager in the House!!!

Frau's &Frauline
Do you know the difference between Frau & Frauline? 
Frau - Married
Frauline - Unmarried
Don't feel bad, I just figured it out as I was posting this blog!

Sisters Forever
(My sister Kara attended but left before we headed over to the dance area where these photo's were taken, I will catch her at the next party!)

When we had our fill of Beer & Bratwurst we headed up the hill to Finn & Kayla's grandparents home....time to celebrate Kayla turning 13....a real life teenager!!  Can you guess which cupcake Kayla chose, pressure...sorry!  Surfboard with the turtle!

Happy 13th Birthday Kayla
You are a beautiful girl, inside and out!
We had a lovely evening....our bonus?
Kayla spent the night!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Tiff, you look beautiful! The family looks so happy, so glad you guys had a fun time there. Can't believe how big tiago and Finn are. Miss you guys!!!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah