Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY

I spent Mother's Day just the way I wanted too........

My morning was filled with
flowers, chocolates and books
from my beloved Todd and Finn. 
After my relaxing morning, we headed South to the Chula Vista Harbor to have lunch with my mother, grandmother, sisters and our spouses (who did have a little part in the process of making us all mothers).

Pato & Devon

All of us trying to figure out what to have.....
Surf & Turf
Fish & Chips
Mahi Mahi Tacos
My Grandmother and I
She continues to amaze me with her style and grace, will I be so lucky to age as she has?  I better ramp up my night moisturizer treatments.  I already have crows feet where she has none!  Could be the margarita's, I just can't say NO!

Food arrived, as you can see we tried it all, that way we can share and nibble off our neighbor's plate to see what we are missing!

Finn's Parents

Chloe sipping her Mother's Day Sprite
Kara always does such a lovely job with her hair!

The Children's section of the table, I'm not sure if they really understood the concept of Mother's Day but they sure acted as if they did.  All three behaved beautifully, our dining experience hit the two hour mark which is usually not possible with young children present.  I thank all three of them for this unexpected gift.

Mother's in all shapes and sizes were seen at the Chula Vista Harbor.....we saw this mother duck and her 5 chicks as we were leaving the parking lot. 

After lunch we headed to Grandma Edna's for dessert.   My parents had a different idea of dessert, nice to see they still have it for each other!  Wait....did I just say that?!?!?!?!  YUCK!!!  Get a room!

Alas, I regress...it's time to move on to
Part 2 of Mother's Day.

(Todd - Gus - Finn)
We met up with Violet & Gus at our home beach.  This is what Violet wanted to do and guess what, it's Mother's Day...she deserves to do what she wants!  To the Beach we went....rain or shine!  We arrived about 5:30pm to stormy skies, the sun kept breaking through.....I love days like this.....the beaches are deserted...you get them all to yourself.  We found them huddled against the Sea Wall, King and Queen of the beach.

Looking at this photo, would you guess we were in Southern California or Nova Scotia?  I would bet on Nova Scotia if I didn't know better!  

Under normal circumstances, feeding the birds at the beach makes you very unpopular with the other beach goers!  But not on this day, another benefit of stormy weather....you get to feed the birds!!

Finn could have fed the birds all day!

We had a lovely evening at the beach.  Kirra, Kayla, Angie and her sister Cathy also made appearances but at the time I was too busy keeping sand out of my drink to pick up my camera!  
Happy Belated Mother's Day!

No comments:

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah