Friday, May 13, 2011

CATCH & RELEASE

Todd wanted to try out the new Fish & tackle kit Finn and I bought him for his birthday.  It's really cool, it attaches to your belt and is made of a light/durable nylon fabric, the perfect addition to the larger tackle box so you don't have to lug all of your fishing gear all of the time! 

Todd is so hard to buy for so I was beyond excited that he wanted to go and use one of his gifts immediately.......We met up with Pato, Tiago and Grandpa Robert who were already down at lifeguard tower 30.

You won't believe it.....he caught a Surf Perch!  The boys ran over to inspect the fish, it was all quite exciting.  The boys also learned an important fishing lesson.....catch & release for the small baby ones!

I'm sure my little brother will comment on his fish being bigger than Todd's fish.  Why are men so competitive?  Buy hey, if times get rough I know without a doubt that my studly, macho man can walk down to the ocean and catch us dinner.  Is there nothing more romantic than a man who can provide for his family with his bare hands?!?!?!?

Tiago was hands on with the Surf Perch

While I read pages from my new beach read (Mothers Day Gift), Pato ran up and down the beach pulling "both" boys through the surf on the boogie board.  Poor guy, here I was relaxed and content in my beach chair while he huffed and puffed with the boys in tow!  They loved it and now Pato doesn't have to go to the gym for a week.  In my book, that is what you call a Win Win situation.

It was a lovely evening at the beach, can't wait to head back down tomorrow.  During the past few weeks we have spent more time on the beach that we have at home.  I have sand everywhere...car, purse, cell phone, home, washing machine, bathtub.......but it's worth it.   

1 comment:

The Chavez Family said...

sounds like it was truly on awesome day!! Can't wait to start going to the beach. Lets all have a bomb fire soon! Love, Your sister, Me!

Hi from Disneyland

Hi from Disneyland
Hi from Disneyland

About Me

Todd Tiffiney Finn Samson Delilah